Coaches Code of Conduct
- I will concentrate on player development and the well-being of my players instead of a win/loss record.
- I will lead by example and bring respect and good sportsmanship to all events, practices, games, etc.
- I will read the Griffith Youth Baseball League Rules and the Babe Ruth League, Inc rulebook to know what is expected for my division’s play and teach these rules to my players.
- I will make sure to always provide the safest conditions possible for my players when it comes to the field, other players, and parents.
- I will be respectful of the opposing teams and make sure my players do the same.
- I will always show respect toward umpires and my players will do the same. If I question a call, I will discuss this with them in a calm manner.
- I will contribute to field maintenance and treat equipment and facilities with respect.
- I will be mindful of player ability and always work to enhance these abilities. I will be aware of my players as individuals as well as a team and know that each one is different emotionally and physically.
- I will maintain order of the parents of my players and handle issues if they arise and discuss these issues with the Division Commissioner and/or Board of Directors.
- I will make sure my helpers follow this same Code of Conduct.
- I will do my best to provide an enjoyable experience for all of my players.
Managers and Coaches who violate these rules may be disciplined and/or required to appear before the Board of Directors. Violations may result in a variety of consequences, including game forfeit or full bans from games or other league activities.
By registering to Manage/Coach for Griffith Youth Baseball, you agree to and understand the Griffith Youth Baseball Coaches Code of Conduct.