Parent Code of Conduct
We must all constantly support and encourage fair play, player safety, and sportsmanship. Parents are required to follow the Griffith Youth Baseball Parent Code of Conduct for themselves and their player.
Code of Conduct for Parents and Guardians:
• I will always be supportive of my child, their teammates, and coaches.
• I will remember that every player on the team is a contributing player and will spread my encouragement equally amongst the team.
• I will allow all coaching during the games to be done by the coaches and not by parents, in the stands or behind the backstop.
• I will convey coaching suggestions and complaints privately to the coaches before or after games.
• I will never badger the other team, or argue with their supporters, or instigate fighting or violence. Doing so may have me removed from the game and possibly future events.
• I will not argue with the umpires nor taunt them or speak poorly to them.
• Smoking is not allowed on fields or surrounding areas of the Griffith Youth Baseball fields.
• Physical violence, taunting, or any action that may provoke physical violence, by anyone (player, parent, or guest) during a Griffith Youth Baseball function, will be sufficient cause for the Board to exclude that person(s) from future participation or attendance at any Griffith Youth Baseball game(s) or activities.
• My child will not bully, taunt, or instigate violence of any kind to any other player, coach, umpire, or league official.
• I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and umpires at every game, practice, or other Griffith Youth Baseball event(s).
• I will make sure my child treats other players, coaches, umpires, and league officials with respect.
• I will be responsible for the actions of my child(ren) and my guests.
• I will stay out of the dugout.
• I will make sports fun for my child.
Parents who violate these rules may be disciplined at the game (told to leave) and/or required to appear before the Board of Directors. Violations may result in a variety of consequences, including parental bans from games or other league activities. Managers are responsible for their players and for controlling their stands. Disruptive parents who do no follow coaches, umpires, or Board Members instructions may be suspended from all games or the umpire may cancel the game.
By registering your child(ren) for Griffith Youth Baseball, you agree to and understand the Griffith Youth Baseball Parent Code of Conduct.